Monday, August 24, 2015

I GOT THE JOB!!  Yeah!!  I started today and so far so good.  It doesn't pay much but it has room for potential.  Also more stability for a future.  Cross-Stitching- I did some last night and time got away from me.  I'm hoping this doesn't happen often (losing time that is).  Working full time again and getting back into a routine may take some time.

I have a new project to work on.  It's a portrait of my step-dad.  I think it's going to turn out great.  How I choose and the process I use goes like this....I take the photo and change it into 3 different versions (color, b/w and b/w with a shadow frame).  I then enter each picture into 2 different cross stitch programs and manipulate the size, number of colors, and shape on each one creating 9 images.  I chose the best 3 of 9 and let the customer (in this case my dad) choose which one they want.  I then create it fully from there.  In his case, I am actually stitching it.  I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out.  Pic2pat is a good program for a quickie but you can't manipulate anything and the colors don't always look as good.  I haven't developed 3 of 3 in my "How to" series on YouTube because I'm not sure how I want to present the information.  There is a lot of work that goes into creating a portrait or even a drawing.  We shall see.

Hope everyone has a FABULOUS DAY.

Peace Out,
Alishia

No comments:

Post a Comment